Monday, February 25, 2008

The Ex-Factor…

Lauryn Hill must know my soul! I find myself daily, and more than once a day, listening to Ex-Factor by Lauryn Hill. The words that she sings and the pain in which she sings it completely emulates what I feel sometimes. You know what the sad part is? We weren’t even officially together…so it’s not even an Ex-Factor. More like a ‘Wanted to be the woman in your life but it didn’t work out that way, so we see each other from time to time when one of us kinda missing the other-Factor’. Seriously????
Why do we continue to follow this pattern? Ok, that wasn’t rhetorical….can someone answer me please? Everything in our heads tells us that it’s just not gonna work out, not meant to be, that just because two people care about each other immensely, doesn’t mean they should be together…all that stuff. But we have a habit of following our hearts! We try to let our hearts have what they want. We want to be happy even though we’re sometimes setting ourselves up to miserable. Ms. Hill said, “I keep letting you back in, how can I explain myself? As painful as this thing has been I just can't be with no one else.”

So here’s my opinion, cause everyone’s entitled to it….
Think about what letting that person back in will do to you once they leave again. Will a few hours of happiness really help you when there are weeks of pain to follow? Or is letting go the right thing…”See I know what we got to do, You let go and I'll let go too.”

BRITT

No comments:

Blog Archive