Monday, February 4, 2008

Get This Kid…..


So I was told that I do some childish things; that when I go out with my friends and talk loud, act silly or dance around that I’m not being lady like, but instead childish. This dude told me that nobody wants to date the chick that’s “acting out”. So the question is….What is considered childish?

I like to be silly, I like to play around, I like to laugh and joke. Does this mean that I’m not lady like? I Corinthians 13:11 says, “…But when I became a man I put away childish things.” I really like this scripture, but I can’t help wonder how we define childish.

The majority of my life is pretty freaking grown up. But just because I’m getting older does not mean that I have to be stuck up and solemn. I should still be able to live life to the fullest and enjoy it. I should be able to laugh like a kid until my side hurts if I want. That’s what keeps us young. Most importantly, that’s what keeps my stomach tight! That shouldn’t classify me as immature; it should show that I have a wonderfully happy spirit. I refuse to succumb to someone else’s image of what a grown up lady looks like. What happened to, “Take me as I am.” (And they say women are always trying to change men…but that’s another conversation!)

So here’s my opinion, cause everyone’s entitled to it…..
Enjoy your life; please don’t let someone else dictate it. Like they say, “Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much”. Keep practicing the things in life that make it all worthwhile.
Brit

No comments:

Blog Archive