Friday, July 11, 2008

A day in the life of....

Yesterday my plan was to stop at Sephora to reload on my favorite D35 compact powder by Sephora and to pick up some tanks from Old Navy.



First stop Old Navy my initial plan was to get a brown tank to replace one I had previously purchased and somehow gotten a mysterious and unremovable oil stain on. If you have not purchased one of these Old Navy long tanks you absolutely need to do so and now is a good time since most of the ribbed tanks are going for $5.00. When paired with a cardigan, vest, or blazer you are sure to look fabulous whether at the office or at play. I ended up not only getting the brown tank but also a pepto pink one to go with my cute orange cuffed short that I got from Forever 21 for just $9. Bright colors go well with one another under the right circumstances.




So on to Sephora I go and alas! They were completely out of my D35 compact powder which means a trip to the Galleria Sephora for me this weekend (yuck). However in lieu of my powder I purchased the renowned Dior Diorshow masscara in black. Every fashion mag out raves about this masscara and all the top makeup artists use it on models during runway shows (hence its name). I was excited to see what all the hype was about as to me isn't all masscara the same?



This morning during my routine makeup application I opened up my Diorshow and proceeed to glide it on to my freshly curled (with Shu Uemura eyelash curlers) eyelashs and then...NOTHING! No noticeable difference than the supposedly crappy Clinque brand I had been using before. I was distraught upon consulting my fashion stylist as to what could have possibly have happened I have been informed that my application technique is lacking and needs improvement for me to be able to see a real difference. This is totally believeable as it has taken me a month to successfully and expertly learn to curl my eyelashes. So stay tuned as I continue to work on my eyelash application. But in the mean time check out my latest faves by simply clicking on the pics!







Tiffany B.

No comments:

Blog Archive