Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dating younger men…..

It’s come to my attention recently that I must have already dated every available man my own age in Texas. I’m not saying this because I date a lot, or have had many boyfriends or relationships. I’m saying this because I’m only meeting younger men. Now when I say younger, I don’t mean 25, 26 or 27…..I mean 21, 22 & 23. These are kids, and they seem to take offense when you call them that too so be careful. These kids have no problem with dating a woman pushing 30. Now I do admit that I have a sparkling personality and can see why these children are drawn to me, but WHERE ARE THE MEN?????

Now don’t get me wrong, these kids are cute, they have stamina and like to have fun; some of them even have great conversation. But at some point the cuteness and the kickin’ it wear off, and then you have to have some substance. These are my questions: What kind of future can we have together? Should these kids just be for entertainment purposes or can you have a life with them? At some point do you forget that there’s a 6, 7 or 8 yr difference? Maybe it just works for some and not for others. Madonna & Guy Ritchie seem happy, on the other hand Pam Grier was 13 yrs older than her fiancé and it fell apart.
So here’s my opinion, cause everyone’s entitled to it….
Follow your heart. Don’t miss out on a blessing cause of something so simple. If nothing else, you may have stumbled upon an amazing friend that can help to keep you youthful.

Brit

No comments:

Blog Archive