Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Musings











Happy Monday Bloggers (or sad Monday depending on how you view a Monday morning)!

Well this weekend was an eventful one for me from a fashion standpoint. I was too cute Friday with my razor back tee flood pants and a short sleeved shrug/sweater. During this period I have continued to work on my masscara application technique and I must admit that my diorshow is growing on me. But you know what they say about first impressions!

Saturday I attended a wedding and it is so beautiful to see two people so in love join hands in holy matrimony. The colors were a soft peach and gold the flower arrangements were simply lovely. Speaking of lovely I was lovely in my navy and white peasant dress (the wedding was at 2pm so completely appropriate attire) with white flats and match white bag. I cannot tell how much I adore dresses! This summer my goal has been to only wear dresses simple and uncomplicated. Shifts are my favorite folllowed by t-shirt and peasant dresses. Shorts and tanks can often times leave you feeling constricted and conscious of making sure your bra (or having to cosntantly adjust your strapless bra) isn't showing or constantly remembering to suck in so that the tummy looks flat. LOL! However with a nice cotton blend dress like a shift dress there is no need to worry about all that. You are free indeed to let the tummy hang a little since the dress isn't form fitting who will notice? Sleeves are in style with these dresses so your regular comfy bra or a cami will work wonderfully. Lastly the look is so completely feminine that it makes you feel pretty and put together while little to no effort is even required. Okay is it clear that I love dresses? LOL!

Enough I digress! Now Sunday did find me lounging in a pair of short shorts coupled with a long old navy tee with some flops so these items can be comfortable as well as long as you pair them correctly. Short shorts should be followed with a top that doesn't reveal the navel or show to much skin up top to keep the look from looking too club-hopper-ish. Trust me just having bare shoulders is enough to bring the sexy back without having to show everything the good Lord gave you.

And that is how my weekend went according to fashion! Stay tuned for more! And the meantime check out some of my favorite dresss by simply clicking on the pics!

Tiffany B.

No comments:

Blog Archive