Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Technology Meets Fashion

Greetings Bloggers!

Unless you’ve been under a rock for the last couple of months you’ve heard all the hype about the new I-Phone from AT&T. I kept hearing that it’s so cool so I decided to check it out. IT’S COOL! Everyday you read articles about fashion from hair, clothes, shoes, etc. but what about your technological accessories? As of yesterday this was me: $800 Gucci tote bag, $165 BCBG boots, $60 jeans (can’t bring myself to pay more for jeans), $40 crew neck tee, fresh perm, manicure . . . . cell phone-the FREE DINOSAUR!! If you’ve been reading the blog you know that I was laid off 2 years ago. After being laid off I bought a cheap phone and have lost about 3 phones since. My husband gave me his hand me down phone from the dark ages to use until I either got a new job or prove that I was capable of keeping a phone for longer than 1 month.

I met a friend for lunch yesterday and she pulled out her new crimson Blackberry Curve and it was at that moment that I realized how unfashionable I was. Took a trip to the store and checked out all the latest PDA’s available. At the end of the day guess who walked out with a new Tilt phone?? Any guesses?

The I-Phone is great, however it’s strictly for entertainment purposes, a cool gadget. If you conduct a lot of business then you may want to look into some other PDA options. The AT&T Tilt can do all that the I-Phone can plus about 50 more things, and most important . . . it’s high fashion!! Buyer beware, this phone retails for $549 but of course you can knock about $150 off with a new contract.
You don’t have to purchase a phone of that magnitude to be fashionable, however if your phone is thicker than 20 credit cards and resembles one of the first flip models, it’s time for an upgrade!

In short, when you think of fashion think of fashion from your head to your toes. Think of fashion in everything that you own: linens, housewares, stationary, etc. Your assignment for today is to go into your purse, bathroom, kitchen and find something that’s beyond outdated and upgrade it! If you have some old television from your college days that has to warm up for 20 minutes before the picture is clear (me), upgrade!! Do you have a remote control for every device in your house? Consolidate!

Upgrade yourself and your possessions!

Your favorite gal pal,
KC

http://www.wireless.att.com/

No comments:

Blog Archive